19 February 2008

Got Stuck Go Blog

Being consistent is not that easy, indeed. However, it is something that really I have to be at this moment, may be good if I can be like that consistently. Unfortunately I couldn't up to this stage. You know, I decided to take a break from this blog a few weeks ago but I did, did did again, write in here. Such suspension is important or required because my concentration is highly demanded for my short due thesis. I feel guilty that I couldn't be consistent just for being away from this blog.

Let's analyse why I always be back here. The first possible reason is that I got "stuck" in writing up. My brain might suddenly stop working. I was torpid (poetic word of lazy) compiling words and words, particularly in academic style. I thought, rather than just sitting in the front of my laptop, creating blog posts might induce my brain. Wasn't this a good excuse? The second one is that I found something interesting (more interesting than my own thesis) and wanted to keep (show) it. Such a selfish mode, as I am used to. Weks… One might say that I can show my thesis instead! But, I have to finish it before I publish it, right? I wish I could finish it or finishing it now. You know, it is something miracle or mission almost impossible. The third is the first reason I mention previously, hehe… so, in general… blogging at this scary write thesis up stage is due to stagnancy! Why stagnancy happens?

Theoretically speaking, working memory over load can cause your brain stop working (kind of bottleneck, stagnancy, not flowing) or work inefficiently. I heard that working memory is part of your brain that process information or knowledge you're perceiving, thinking or creating right now. More, it is severely limited, when you're dealing with unfamiliar – novel – complex problems. Working memory processes incoming information by calling prior knowledge from long term memory (your knowledge disposal) or borrowing required knowledge from other sources. So, what to do then if over load occurs? It is suggested that direct guidance (e.g. an example of expert's work) reduces working memory overload. Therefore, new researcher like me, will work more efficiently if facilitated with direct guidance. Why direct guidance? How come it reduce working memory over load? What kind of direct guidance? How to improve it? Where can I get it? Is that "direct"? Will it increase expertise? How? Why? The answers are in the literature review chapters in my thesis. Too much to be wrote in here. Embarrassing, part of my thesis talks about working memory over load but in reality, I got over load!

No comments: