19 November 2007

Bothok and Ahnaf

Cooking bothok this morning was an extraordinary choice. I did it because my hubby and I were bloody missing our homeland, Indonesia. Bothok is kinda banana leaves wrapped food. For me it isn't easy to make it, indeed, the ingredient isn't available fresh. Moreover, it is considered expensive in Sydney. In addition, I have a baby to look after.

What make bothok? I need: grated coconut meat, silver fish, belinjo leaves, bay leaves, galanga and banana leaves for wrapping (Sadly, I still need al-foil to strengthen the wrap!). Just believe me, they are rarely available fresh in Sydney. Most of them are frozen or dried. Again, because they are imported, their cost are absolutely expensive. But money can't buy a feeling of missing, so doesn't matter we spent dollars for this moment. Okay, for seasoning, I blend: garlic, onion, chili, candle nut, corriander, and salt.

How to make it? It's not really hard but not even that easy, of course takes time. Also to write the steps... ^_^ If you really wanna make it, please send me an email. No bargain! I will describe it step by step for you.

I got ten bothoks and we enjoyed it soooo much. It made me cooking rice a half more that I am used to. Fortunately, my son cooperated with me while I made it. My baby is just lovely. He is so cute even quite often show a serious look. Here some shot of him when he's enjoying himself.

kejungkel - nungging (what is it in english? err...)

looking out of the window for about 15 minutes, unbelievable,
he's able to sit without support (4,5 months old).

ngen-cesssssss....
double-chin-nya itu loh.... bikin gemes... real man!

doll-hug

papers around
anything on his hand or his finger goes to his mouth!

"andan-andan", javanese says.
"Mom, now I know I have foot", if he could say... ^_^

All right, it's enough pics for now. Still have many though, but later. Now I am back to study!

No comments: