25 November 2007

Brownies for Birthday

Yesterday I successfully made Brownies with chocolate icing (ganache) spread over on the top and double thick cream for the filling. This brownies was specially made for by hubby birthday cake. And, he loved it. There's no other feeling unless satisfied.

The thing that I missed was taking its picture. I just wanted to take the picture and posted in here. But after the cake ready, ada aja that made me keep taking photo of it behind. Indeed there was no blowing candle ceremony or something like that. We didn't dress up or decorate the room. I sliced the cake soon and gave it to my hubby, instead. It's enough for this busy time.

The cake had gone very quick. It's deadly yummy... I wanna make it again because it's very easy to make. Just have to be patient waiting the cake cool.

I got the recipe from friend, but I modified it a little bit. Here is the recipe.

For brownies:
First.
Grease 22cm round pan.
Preheat oven to 180C

Second.
Combine in a bowl:
2 1/4 cups self raising flour
1/2 cup caster sugar
1/2 cup chocolate powder

Third.
Melt 1 cup butter (half melt, not too oily)
Melt 200 grs dark cooking chocolate (once it's melted, remove from heat and soon add the butter to this melted choco and stir finely)
Add stir 3 eggs stir until the eggs mix together with the chocolate, then
Add 1 cup milk

Fourth.
Mix "Third" and "Second", stir quickly. Don't stir too much though.
Ready to oven for 30 mins until the surface looks dry or wooden stick comes up dry when inserted.

For filling:
Mix
1 cup (300 ml) of double thick cream (I spare 3 tbs for the ganache)
5 tbs caster sugar

For ganache:
Melt 150 grs (or more) dark cooking chocolate
Still on the heat, Add 3 tbs double thick cream and 3 tbs milk
Stir gently until a bit thicken.

For finishing:
Wait until the cake cool, totally cool. Because if not cool or still warm, it will melt the filling cream. I need about 3 hours to cool the cake.
Cut it horizontally, use sharp/wide knife.
Spread the filling between the layers.
Spread the ganache on the outside.
Cool.

The funny thing was hehehe... every time my hubby eat the cake, he said "happy birthday..." hehehe... following what I was saying when I plated the cake for him at the first. What a memorable day.

No comments: