11 November 2007

Perfectionist

One of my weaknesses is tend to be perfectionist.

Firstly, whatever I do is supposed to be perfect. Well, this is good in one side, as such this will assure outstanding performances. However, on the way to make it perfect could be the lack one. Frequently, I spend too much time to make preparation. I keep imagining, thinking, planning, revising, imagining, thinking, planning and revising again and again before the real action. Quite often, the real action is on the last minute. If a bad lack on me like technical trouble in my computer, lost money, tired or sick; the result, as you reckon, won't be as perfect as the plan. Poor me! The worse thing is that if I get interruption of another tasks during the 'thinking' period. I can keep one task behind and do the other, and so forth as live goes on, I get many things to do in my head. Eventually, I just get frustration and do it reluctantly. Some even unconsciously be forgotten.

Secondly, I want to do many things at once as I want to be seen as the perfect one. I have ambition to do this, this and this but reality, I only have one head, two hands, 24 hours, many hours sleeping period and many-many homeworks as a mother of one, a wife, a daughter, a grand daughter, an aunt, a student, a teacher, a friend, a traveler, a milister, a reader, a blogger may be, etc. I do aware that I have limitation that I can't handle many things at once, but am not sure why I still make plans and think actions. Consequently, this makes me more dreaming than doing real action. Eventually, nothing is resulted and I just become nerd.

Nonetheless, I still tend my self as a perfectionist. I know it could make me mad, and also people around me perhaps, that's why I categorise this character as my weaknesses. Even though it is not easy to perform perfectly, I insist to be perfectionist. What makes me like this is that I am always impressed by the perfect performances that I accomplished some times ago. I will try as hard as I could to pursue the perfect again. True that this sentence is typically said by a perfectionist, hehehe... You know, it is such a satisfaction once you could be perfect. And I believe that it will make a difference.

I have written about the same topic last year, click this away to read it.

No comments: